I absolutely love reading these kinds of posts by other people so I figured now is as good a time as any to do one of them myself. I’m extremely surprised at how many people are interested in reading posts by lil ol’ me and it’s an awesome thought to think that people all over the world can read about my life here in New Zealand. I did a bit of googling and found 25 questions that apparently have been travelling around the blogging world for a while now and so without further ado, here goes!
1. What is your middle name?: Rae, not RAY as in the boys name as many people used to tease me about at school but Rae. It means Grace in Scottish which makes sense as I do have some Scottish heritage. My ancestors had some clan back in the day and although I cannot remember the name of it I do remember what their saying was. It’s a kind of strange one which could have multiple meanings but it’s “touch not the cat but a glove.” Which I guess means that the cat either has rabies or that cats are fierce AF.
2. What was favorite subject at school?: English by far was my favourite and I did very well in it. My second favourite would have been media studies purely for the fact that it was similar to English. I hated History as although I love world history, in NZ we mostly study things applicable to this country and it just wasn’t as interesting.
3. What is your favorite drink?: Anything caffeinated as I don’t sleep and need the energy to be mildly human. Coffee is my life.
4. What is your favorite song at the moment?: I really don’t have a particular song as I tend to play songs til I’m sick of them but anything country really.
5. What is your favorite food?: I love all food. But donuts are what I’ve been craving lately! The ones filled with custard and smothered in icing sugar.
6. What is the last thing you bought?: The last thing I bought would have been a huge haul of clothes and makeup.
7. Favorite book of all time?: I love love love anything by Ted Dekker, but especially the Red, White, and Black series. If you haven’t read it, go check it out!
8. Favorite Color?: I love any shade of blue.
9. Do you have any pets?: Not me personally as me and C are waiting til we can get a place that allows pet’s and then I’ll be getting either a husky or a malamute but my family pets include 3 horses, 3 dogs, 3 cats, a few sheep, a few cows and some chickens and guinea fowl.
10. Favorite Perfume?: I honestly don’t have one! I love anything that smells good though!
11. Favorite Holiday?: I’m not a very celebratory person and gifts are not my thing as I don’t mind giving them as I know other people like it but I don’t really like being on the receiving end. So I guess I’d have to say Thanksgiving although we don’t celebrate it here, C is from California and I’ve adopted the holiday through him.
12. Are you married?: Not yet! Hopefully soon though as it’s always been a dream of mine.
13. Have you ever been out of the country, if so how many times?: Well this is a tricky question, I honestly can’t count how many times I’ve left NZ to go overseas, my family immigrated from South Africa so we used to go back to visit family pretty often, I’ve been to Fiji multiple times as my family did some missionary work over there and I’ve been to England to visit family also.
14. Do you speak any other language?: I speak English, as it’s the language I grew up with, I never quite learned Afrikaans although I can understand some of it as my parents speak it and I am fairly adept with French.
15. How many siblings do you have?: I have one younger sister who is 4 years younger than me and is turning 18 soon which is a scary thought.
16. What is your favorite shop?: I do most of my shopping online as I hate going into stores to try things on but I love Showpo, Boohoo (so cheap!) and Forever21. We don’t have too much variety here in NZ in terms of US stores unfortunately and I’m not a fan of NZ stores too much.
17. Favorite restaurant?: There’s a very upscale restaurant called The Grove which is by far my favourite and of course, the Sky Tower revolving restaurant which is a restaurant that is in Auckland’s main landmark and as it revolves you get a gorgeous view of the city.
18. When was the last time you cried?: On Boxing Day when I was in the mall and I came across some photos on my phone of my childhood dog that passed away 😦
19. Favorite Blog?: Far too many to even list!
20. Favorite Movie?: I’ve probably cliche in this sense but Black Beauty, Lassie, and the Incredible Journey.
21. Favorite TV shows?: In no particular order: Nashville, Gossip Girl, Criminal Minds, NCIS, Grey’s Anatomy and Heartland.
22. PC or Mac?: PC hands down.
23. What phone do you have?: I refuse to upgrade my phone until they make something that actually fits into my hands so I have an iPhone 4s which I constantly get repaired when I drop it.
24. How tall are you?: 5’3 and a half but I just say 5’4 :p
25. Can you cook?: Yes! I love anything to do with being in the kitchen, I’m pretty good at it too and I hate using recipes so I’ve recently started writing down how I make things when I make them and am going to print them all out and make myself a recipe book! I also love baking!
Anyway that’s it for now! I hope you guys enjoyed it and let me know if you want more like this!